Business Analyst, Contract – ITS
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
We provide leadership for the continuous development of a secure, flexible, and dependable IT environment that is built on a foundation of transparency, collaboration, client focus, and respect. Together we transform Client ideas into results, leverage technology to enable student engagement and success, support students and employees in the journey of discovery, deliver integrated technology solutions to improve collaboration and communication across the Humber community and improve business processes and enable better decision making through improved outcome measurement. Information Technology Services is always striving to enhance the IT experience for students, staff, and visitors.
Position Title: Business Analyst, Contract – ITS
Status: 11 month contract
Hours: 37.5 Hours/week
Department: Information Technology Services
Campus/Location: North Campus
Currently, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in early 2022, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
Salary: $69,864 – $87,330
What you will do:
Under the direction of the Manager, Enterprise Partnerships and Operations, the Business Analyst is responsible for assisting the collage implement enterprise technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of the project(s) or program(s) and communicating them clearly to the Senior IT Leadership team, stakeholders, vendors and partners.
Business Analyst role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, leading business requirements, facilitate workflow process improvements from start to finish of a project. The incumbent is responsible for anticipating requirements, uncovering areas of improvement, developing, and implementing solutions, documenting, and communicating the results.
The Business Analyst is a key facilitator within the organization, translating system and business requirements, explaining technical concepts to non-technical users, and acting as a bridge between the functional areas and the technical team.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead and conduct business work processes including re-engineering.
- Lead workshops and one on one sessions with both business and technical staff to elicit and document requirements, business process, data process flow and strategies.
- Work closely with the functional areas to optimize business processes, think innovatively, and take advantage of application functionality to improve departmental and cross-departmental functions.
- Analyze business processes and synthesize complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous process models and process documentation.
- Prepare information technology business cases, impact analysis specifications, cost/benefit analysis and gap analysis.
- Translate user requirements into functional specifications for use by IT technical staff including system design specifications, data integration logic, operating characteristics, and user interface.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of systems development lifecycle methodologies including implementing and upgrading major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system suites.
- Provide leadership to management and staff on the delivery of IT projects by multi-faceted project teams, including vendors.
- Work with business to drive adoption and create value when leveraging technology solutions to satisfy business needs.
- Facilitate and manage communications and relationships throughout the project life cycle, through involvement in QA test planning and preparation, test execution, verification of test results and coordination of user acceptance signoff
What you bring to the role:
- Four (4) year Degree, or equivalent, in a computer or business-related area and continued education in current information technology, business analysis, project management, or information management science.
- Other certification(s) include a Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with an ERP user community, understanding their business processes and needs.
- Experience in one or all of the following ERP systems is preferred: HR, Finance and Student Information Systems.
- Previous experience in a higher education or public sector environment
- Extensive experience in requirement elicitation and management.
- Extensive expertise in system development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Working level experience in business process re-engineering, current state and future state process mapping, fit-gap analysis, test plans.
- Requirement elicitation, requirement management and Business Requirements Documentation (BRD).
- Effective interpersonal skills, the ability to deal with competing demands/priorities, project management, superior facilitation and presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and set clear directions.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: PT Administration
Minimum Salary: 69,864.00
Maximum Salary: 87,330.00
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Information Technology
Duration of Need: 11 months
Deadline to Apply: October 22, 2021
Job Posting: 10/8/21
Department: Information Technology Services