Business Data Analyst-Tuition and Fees
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
The Office of the Registrar supports and celebrates student success. We provide students and the campus community with support through the distribution of key information, high-quality service delivery and the maintenance of essential systems and processes. Our dedicated staff work in a myriad of areas including Student Recruitment, Admissions, Academic Records, Convocation, Customer Service, Fees, Financial Aid, Registration & Course Scheduling, Reporting, Student Systems, and Transfer Services at both our North and Lakeshore campuses. We are a collaborative team that welcomes innovation, upholds a culture of inclusiveness and respect, and supports wellness.
Position Title: Business Data Analyst-Tuition and Fees
Status: App D Contract
Faculty/Department: Office of the Registrar
Campus/Location: North Campus
Salary: Band H Min $32.64 Max $37.90
What you will do:
Reporting to the Manager, Fees in the Office of the Registrar, the Business Data Analyst – Tuition and Fees works closely with all academic faculties and many non-academic departments to establish processes and complete transactions as they relate to the establishment of student tuition, related incidental fees and all other fees collected through the Office of the Registrar in the Banner Student system. This requires the incumbent to understand and interpret Ministry policy related to tuition and fees; have a comprehensive understanding of accounts receivable practices; maintain and ensure accuracy of the Banner tuition and fee tables; and process fees related to student accounts and the collection of student account receivables. Under the guidance of the Manager, the incumbent will work independently and is required to make decisions that can impact student finances, academic faculties and department processes and ultimately the College’s financial position. The Business Data Analyst – Tuition and Fees is required to work college wide to collect and maintain reports and documents such as the Master Humber College Fee Document, to produce a stable, clear and transparent fee environment. The incumbent is expected to collaborate frequently with the Fees, Audit and Reporting Coordinator, the Records and Registration Coordinators and Financial Services to resolve any issues as they relate to fees, the enrollment and financial audits effecting, student records and registration.
What you bring to the role:
- The successful incumbent obtains a 3 year diploma/ degree or equivalent in the following fields of study: Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science or related program of study, and is working towards an accounting designation, in the final levels of certification for: CGA, CM, CA or CPA.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of 3 years’ related work experience working in student fee collection or accounting.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements, receipts, payments, general accounting procedures and internal controls;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Superior communication skills with the ability to explain complex processes;
- Sound understanding of the post-secondary system;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrated proficiency in student information systems, especially relational databases;
- Ability to work in a highly automated environment Leadership skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to guide and motivate a team.
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Must have a suitable and private work space to take calls from home/remotely.
- Should be comfortable working from home/remotely and on-site as we are utilizing a hybrid approach at this point in time. There could be changes to this approach pending direction from government officials and public health.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 35
Position Type: Appendix D
Minimum Salary: 32.64
Maximum Salary: 37.90
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Student Affairs and Services
Duration of Need: January 2023
Deadline to Apply: Sept 19, 2021
Job Posting: 9/13/21
Department: Office of the Registrar