Contact Centre Advisor
Find Your Spot at Humber
If you are interested in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people. We learn and grow together. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
Humber is a place like no other. Here you will “Find Your Spot” and build a career and future that grows as we grow. In this rich, diverse workplace, we encourage innovation ideas. We support you to find deep meaning and purpose so that you can be proud of what you do and where you work.
The Office of the Registrar supports and celebrates student success. We provide students and the campus community with support through the distribution of key information, high-quality service delivery and the maintenance of essential systems and processes. Our dedicated staff work in a myriad of areas including Student Recruitment, Admissions, Academic Records, Convocation, Customer Service, Fees, Financial Aid, Registration & Course Scheduling, Reporting, Student Systems, and Transfer Services at both our North and Lakeshore campuses. We are a collaborative team that welcomes innovation, upholds a culture of inclusiveness and respect, and supports wellness.
Visit www.humber.ca for more information.
Contact Centre Advisor (4 positions)
Reporting to the Manager, Contact Centre, the Contact Centre Advisor will provide expert advice and assistance regarding a diverse range of general college and academic program information, college related events and services, academic policy and college processes while providing general knowledge of the other areas as required. The successful candidate must retain a wide range of knowledge on programs, courses, academic policies, Humber and Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) policies and procedures, college services and campus events. Specific types of assistance or information requests will include: responding directly to inquiries related to College and Office of the Registrar services/processes; directing specific subject matter questions to experts within the Office of the Registrar or within the academic schools as appropriate for further assistance; providing information and/or directions to a variety of on and off-campus events and campus services; and providing assistance using the college web site and accessing services through MyHumber. The Contact Centre Advisor is responsible for providing information and services through multiple service paths including: by telephone, email and on-occasion, in-person.
- The successful candidate will possess a two year diploma from a post-secondary institution.
- Two years of practical experience in a complex service environment that includes financial transactions.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume, Contact-Centre and/or experience working at a Welcome Desk would be considered an asset.
- The incumbent must demonstrate use of initiative both in planning of work and in taking a pro-active approach to addressing customer concerns.
- The incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in order to explain complex policies and procedures effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, customer service, telephone, and organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask throughout frequent interruptions, fluctuating volumes, and ongoing deadlines.
- The ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- The ability to undertake tasks and duties according to procedures and standard processes.
- The ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating confidence and good judgement; and flexibility in working as a team member or independently.
- Good working knowledge of the College as a whole, the departments, the academic schools and key personnel.
- Strong computer skills including proficient keyboarding and web navigation skills, along with knowledge of email software and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Excel are also required.
- Hours of Work are Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Hours subject to change once on-site work resumes .
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective collective agreements.
Humber is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals from equity seeking groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment. Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
Hours Per Week: 35
Position Type: FT Support
Minimum Salary: 25.63
Maximum Salary: 29.71
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Student Affairs and Services
Deadline to Apply: June 17, 2021
Job Posting: 6/10/21
Department: Office of the Registrar