Contact Centre Advisor, Regular Part-Time
Find Your Spot at Humber
If you are interested in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people. We learn and grow together. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
Humber is a place like no other. Here you will “Find Your Spot” and build a career and future that grows as we grow. In this rich, diverse workplace, we encourage innovation ideas. We support you to find deep meaning and purpose so that you can be proud of what you do and where you work.
The Office of the Registrar supports and celebrates student success. We provide students and the campus community with support through the distribution of key information, high-quality service delivery and the maintenance of essential systems and processes. Our dedicated staff work in a myriad of areas including Student Recruitment, Admissions, Academic Records, Convocation, Customer Service, Fees, Financial Aid, Registration & Course Scheduling, Reporting, Student Systems, and Transfer Services at both our North and Lakeshore campuses. We are a collaborative team that welcomes innovation, upholds a culture of inclusiveness and respect, and supports wellness.
Visit www.humber.ca for more information.
Contact Centre Advisor, RPT
Who You Are…
As a Contact Centre Advisor, you have a passion for helping students with their journey through post-secondary education. Acting as a first line of response to the Humber community, you communicate in a helpful and engaging tone and focus on providing accurate information and guidance to customers. You have a desire to provide exceptional service and thrive on receiving feedback in order to enhance your performance. You enjoy working in fast-paced environment and can handle the pressure of dealing with a high volume of customer interactions. You are a problem-solver who uses all available resources to find the best solution for each customer.
You have at minimum a two year diploma from a post-secondary institution as well as two years of experience working in a service environment.
We are a dynamic team that consists of a diverse group of people who are highly motivated, fully engaged and who also like to have fun. We have a supportive environment in which we provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in your role. You will receive 5 weeks of initial training plus many more opportunities for growth and development during your time in the Contact Centre. You will gain a solid understanding of Humber’s programs, courses and academic policies, which will give you the experience you need to apply for other roles within the college.
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Must have a suitable and private work space to take calls from home/remotely.
- Should be comfortable working from home/remotely, until such time where the transition to on-campus work resumes (pending direction from government officials).
- Hours of Work: 24 hours per week to be scheduled anytime between *Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm.
*Upon return to on-campus operations, hours of work may change.
What you bring to the role:
- The successful candidate will have at minimum a two-year diploma from a post-secondary institution in a related field of study.
- The incumbent will have at least two years of related professional experience working in a service environment.
- You have a desire to provide exceptional service and thrive on receiving feedback in order to enhance your performance.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can handle the pressure of dealing with a high volume of customer interactions.
- You are a problem-solver who uses all available resources to find the best solution for each customer and your initiative is shown in your pro-active approach to addressing customer concerns.
- You have a wealth of knowledge and enjoy sharing that knowledge about Humber, its departments, academic schools and key personnel
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 24
Position Type: Regular Part-Time Support
Minimum Salary: 24.88
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Student Affairs and Services
Deadline to Apply: Thursday September 30, 2021
Job Posting: 9/13/21
Department: Office of the Registrar