Contact Centre Coordinator, Office of the Registrar – FT Support
Find Your Spot at Humber
If you are interested in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people. We learn and grow together. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
Humber is a place like no other. Here you will “Find Your Spot” and build a career and future that grows as we grow. In this rich, diverse workplace, we encourage innovation ideas. We support you to find deep meaning and purpose so that you can be proud of what you do and where you work.
The Office of the Registrar supports and celebrates student success. We provide students and the campus community with support through the distribution of key information, high-quality service delivery and the maintenance of essential systems and processes. Our dedicated staff work in a myriad of areas including Student Recruitment, Admissions, Academic Records, Convocation, Customer Service, Fees, Financial Aid, Registration & Course Scheduling, Reporting, Student Systems, and Transfer Services at both our North and Lakeshore campuses. We are a collaborative team that welcomes innovation, upholds a culture of inclusiveness and respect, and supports wellness.
Visit www.humber.ca for more information.
Position Title: Contact Centre Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Faculty/Department: Office of the Registrar
Campus/Location: North Campus
Salary: Band H (Min $32.64 Max $37.90)
What you will do:
Reporting to the Manager, Contact Centre, the Contact Centre Coordinator oversees day-to-day activities throughout the Contact Centre as well as the Welcome Desk. Specifically, the Coordinator provides leadership to full and part-time Contact Centre Advisors who are measured against service level components, standards and targets established by the department Manager. The Coordinator will ensure the team is customer-focused, providing accurate and detailed information on Humber’s programs & courses; academic policies; admissions; financial assistance and general information relating to the services provided by the Office of the Registrar and the entire college. Additional duties include: coaching, guiding and mentoring the team to identify issues that may impact the student experience; resolving escalated customer concerns; overseeing the Contact Centre/Welcome Desk Schedule and ensuring adherence to the departmental schedule; and playing an integral role in the recruitment and development of new employees.
What you bring to the role:
Education: The successful candidate will possess a three year diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution.
Experience and Skills:
- Three years of leadership experience in a complex Customer Service environment and thorough knowledge of the Banner Student Information System is required
- The ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating confidence and good judgment;
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and customer service skills with a consistent attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an excellent command of the English language in order to explain complex policies and procedures effectively;
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks, frequent interruptions, fluctuating volumes and ongoing deadlines;
- Outstanding reliability, including attendance;
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of e-mail software and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
Hours of Work:
To be scheduled anytime between Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm*
*Hours subject to change based on operational requirements
- Should be comfortable working on-site and remotely as required. Physical distancing measures will be in place.
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Must have a suitable and private work space to take calls from home/remotely.
- Humber has a Vaccination Policy, please visit our Return to Campus website and www.humber.ca/updates for more information.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 35
Position Type: FT Support
Minimum Salary: 32.64
Maximum Salary: 37.90
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Student Affairs and Services
Duration of Need: Full-Time
Deadline to Apply: Oct. 17, 2021
Job Posting: 10/9/21
Department: Office of the Registrar