POSITION: CURRICULUM DEVELOPER – NUNAVIK HISTORY PROGRAM
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: CURDEVHIS2109-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR
STARTING DATE: OCTOBER 2021
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
The position of Education Consultant in Curriculum Development reports to the Assistant Director of the 1st language Education Services department. The Curriculum Developer has as their priority to lead in the coordination, evaluation, research, support, and development of the Nunavik history program.
- Meet and interview community members, especially elders, as well as use existing interviews to create curriculum;
- Integrate technology to the curriculum in thoughtful and captivating ways;
- Incorporate local camping/hunting grounds as well as other culture and community specific references to the curriculum;
- Develop curriculum using interviews, research, and existing materials;
- Creation of teacher guides and student materials;
- Evaluation and examination of students;
- Provide training workshops on new education materials primarily to teachers;
- Travel to other communities in and outside of Nunavik to gather information through documents and interviews, as well as to attend trainings, courses and workshops;
- Any other relevant tasks required by the Assistant Director.
First level University Degree in a relevant specialization.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in Inuktitut and one other language of the board (French or English);
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary;
- Research experience.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals. This position belongs to job category 2104: from $46,114$ to $82,585 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, September 23, 2021
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate CURDEVHIS2109-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.