POSITION: EDUCATION CONSULTANT FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY – FIRST LANGUAGE
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: EDUCONTECH2110-02
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
START DATE: NOVEMBER 2021
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of First Language Curriculum Development, this position entails the responsibility of providing advice and support to schools in the implementation, development and evaluation of programs of study, class management and instructional materials.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
- Develop teaching and learning tools to organize, stream and validate the creation of Inuit-centred educational resources in collaboration with colleagues;
- Support and ensure high quality and culturally relevant education in Nunavik communities specifically with computer technology in a first language environment;
- Help teachers and education consultants to integrate the new technologies as part of our programs through training sessions and workshops in person or with technological support (virtual class, videoconference and others);
- Act as liaison between the IT department and the other departments in Education Services as regards IT;
- Support our competency-based program and promote it with the school administrators, teachers and other staff members concerned.
- Follow up on inventories of material for educational technology within our schools;
- Carry out related tasks at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of specialization, notably education.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Knowledge of Inuktitut is essential;
- Experience in the field of educational technology.
- Demonstrated expertise in both computer platforms the School Board: PC and Mac OS.
- Fluent in two of the three (3) official languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French and English).
- Willingness to travel extensively in the Nunavik communities.
- Strong skills as a team player.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals this employment category belongs to the job category 2104 which provides an annual renumeration between $46,114 to $82,585 depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, October 27th, 2021
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You MUST indicate EDUCONTECH2110-02 in the SUBJECT of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.