POSITION: EDUCATION CONSULTANT – HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
DEPARTMENT: ADULT EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
COMPETITION NUMBER: HEALTH2109-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR
STARTING DATE: OCTOBER 2021
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
Under the authority of the Director of the department, the Education Consultant sees to the organization of vocational training in the fields of health and social services in Nunavik and to the development of the various files assigned to them.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
- Provide pedagogical support to vocational training teachers;
- Develop, implement, and evaluate vocational training programs;
- Work closely with various northern health and social services organizations in order to determine training needs;
- Participate in various committees related to their assigned files;
- Any other duty related to vocational training assigned by his superior.
A university degree in relevant field, notably in the health sector.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in at least two (2) of the three (3) working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English);
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the health education field;
- Superior organizational and communication skills;
- Knowledge of the health and social services sector;
- Willingness to travel upon request to other Nunavik communities and to Montreal;
- Northern experience would be a definite asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals. This position belongs to job category 2104: from $46,114$ to $82,585 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, September 27, 2021
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate HEALTH2109-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.