Faculty Support Officer, UGH, TPT Contract
Find Your Spot at Guelph-Humber
At Guelph-Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Guelph-Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Guelph-Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Faculty Support Officer
Status: TPT, 6-month Contract
Hours: 24 hours per week
Faculty/Department: University of Guelph-Humber
Campus/Location: North Campus
Hourly Rate: $14.39 – $20.81
What you will do:
Reporting to the Vice-Provost’s office, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the faculty support officers and the senior faculty support officer in the provision of support services for faculty and program heads at the University of Guelph-Humber.
Duties consist of the following:
- Start-up activities for faculty, which includes allocating office space, editing and posting course outlines, arranging the creation of course websites, and setting up computer access and University email accounts.
- Support to faculty support officers in coordinating the delivery of tests and exams with Accessible Learning Services and Testing Services.
- In addition, the incumbent will support the Senior Faculty Support Officer in the offering of professional development workshops and special events for faculty that coincide with priorities around teaching and learning.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 3-year degree or equivalent education and experience in a postsecondary environment. Necessary to understand and respond to faculty needs, problem solve issues, communicate effectively both verbally, and written.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a related field
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At the University we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Guelph-Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Guelph-Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with the University of Guelph-Humber. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The University of Guelph-Humber is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
The University of Guelph-Humber is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At The University of Guelph-Humber, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 24
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time Support
Minimum Salary: 14.39
Maximum Salary: 20.81
Work Locations: University of Guelph-Humber 207 Humber College Blvd Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Liberal Arts
Duration of Need: 6 months
Deadline to Apply: December 5, 2021
Job Posting: 11/22/21
Department: University of Guelph-Humber