AROLAND FIRST NATION EDUCATION AUTHORITY
FULL TIME SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
The Aroland Education Authority invites applications for a full-time Special Education teaching position at Johnny Therriault School. Johnny Therriault School serves approximately 100 students, Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. Aroland is a road accessible community, approximately 78 kilometers north of Geraldton, Ontario.
- Registered with Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
- Certified by an accredited University (BA/BED/Teacher training program)
- Special Education Specialist Qualifications
- Aware of cutting-edge research-based teaching strategies in the area of Literacy and Numeracy
- Working knowledge of the Universal Design for Learning and Differentiated Instruction
- Knowledge of the three types of assessment and ability to work with students at various levels of achievement
- Proven classroom management skills
- Previous experience teaching in multi-grade classrooms
- Excellent computer and technology skills to support teacher instruction and student learning in the classroom
- Knowledge of and willingness to write, revise, edit and apply Individual Education Plans
- Experience with Proposal Writing and Reporting (familiarity with Needs-Based Application Process and Jordan’s Principle).
- Experience teaching in a First Nation or Band Operated School and/or the ability to speak Ojibwe be an asset
Applications must include the following (no omissions):
- A current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification
- Recent Criminal Record Check (2020), including a vulnerable sector check, or proof of present application.
- Letter of Application (Cover Letter)
- Three current references (most recent Principal / Education Director, Board Member) and permission to contact
- A One Page “Philosophy of Education”
A signing bonus will be paid upon commencement of employment with the Aroland Education Authority
Please submit your application and supporting documents to:
Cathy Therriault, Chair Person
Aroland First Nation Education Authority
P.O. Box 40
Aroland, Ontario P0T-1B0
This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest in these positions.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.