1.0 Head of Organizational Unit – Math Lead
Learning Services Department
3-year term appointment: September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2024
(Contracts will be rated under the Provincial Schools Authority)
Secondment Opportunities will be considered for applicants from a School Board
The Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch has an exciting opportunity available in the Learning Services department for an experienced and innovative 1.0 Head of Organizational Unit – Math Lead. As the Math Lead, you will be committed to improving student performance in mathematics by ensuring that parents, teachers, as well as school and system leaders have the knowledge, tools and resources they need, supporting the Ministry of Education’s math strategy, and ensuring students have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of math and how to apply them.
You will play in integral role in supporting the ongoing development of both math content knowledge and pedagogy in collaboration with teachers who are delivering and consulting on the math curriculum for students within our schools and the district school boards. Effective management and coaching skills are required to successfully arrange and coordinate workshops and conferences on various topics related to the math strategy and curriculum.
What we are looking for:
- Valid Certificate of Registration and Qualifications from the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Special Education Specialist qualifications (preferred).
- Math Specialist qualifications.
- At least 3 of Primary, Junior, Intermediate, and/or Senior division qualifications are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leadership, collaboration, communication, coaching, organizational skills, and evidence-based strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of Ministry documents including: math curriculum documents, Growing Success, Guides to Effective Instruction in Math, Creating Pathways to Success, and Learning for All.
- Expertise in delivering effective and evidence-based math strategies connected to the Fundamentals of Math.
- Expertise in providing leadership in addressing student learning needs using neuroscience principles with a focus on the use of digital tools and resources.
- Knowledge of data-driven decision making, analysis, and assessment practices related to math including assessment for, as, and of learning.
- Understanding of Inclusive design, equity, diversity, culturally responsive pedagogy, anti-racism approaches, concepts, and practices.
- Ability to support Educators in the development of Individual Education Plans and programming using smart goals in relation to the math strategy.
- Initiation and creativity in developing, modelling, and implementing evidence-based math programming to enhance student engagement, achievement, and self-efficacy.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical collection and analysis.
- Experience in leading Collaborative Inquiry driven by student-based data.
- Experience in facilitating co-learning, co-planning, co-teaching, and other classroom-embedded professional learning.
- Demonstrated school-based leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with inclusive/assistive technology.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to Collaborative Professionalism
- Ability to travel to PDSB schools located in: Milton, London, Belleville, and Brantford including the possibility of overnight travel.
PROVINCIAL AND DEMONSTRATION SCHOOL LOCATIONS:
- 255 Ontario Street, Milton, or
- 1515 Cheapside St, London, or
- 350 Dundas St West, Belleville, or
- 350 Brant Ave, Brantford
Area of Search: OPEN
Please submit a cover letter and resume quoting the Competition file number PDSB21-099 along with an updated copy of your Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration by no later than 11:59 pm on September 23, 2021 to:
Send applications to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED FROM MEMBERS OF THE PROVINCIAL SCHOOLS AUTHORITY TEACHERS (PSAT) PRIOR TO CONSIDERING EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Late applications will be declined.
Note: The successful candidate (s) will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Posting date: September 14, 2021
Closing date: September 23, 2021
Clearance No: N/A
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AND MAINTAINING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES RESPECT FOR OTHERS, OPEN COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY.