POSITION: HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVER
DEPARTMENT: MATERIAL RESOURCES
COMPETITION NUMBER: HEAVYVEH-2109-01
STATUS: FULL TIME TEMPORARY
STARTING DATE OR DURATION: FROM SEPTEMBER 2021 UNTIL THE RETURN OF THE UNCUMBENT
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the heavy vehicle driver’s main function is to drive vehicles of a 3,000 kg net weight or a minibus for the transportation of people, goods or equipment in compliance with the existing safety standards.
More specifically, the position incumbent must:
- Drive a heavy vehicle;
- Make sure the vehicle is clean and in good repair (cleaning, washing, filing up, checks prescribed by the law or by KSB’s instructions and directives, etc.);
- Maintain a road calendar and write, if required, brief reports concerning the performance of his work;
- Make sure to keep the vehicle’s log book and inspection reports;
- Be able to drive a light vehicle;
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Pick up and drop off boxes such as cargo, mail, etc., as requested by the supervisor;
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by his supervisor.
- Have good knowledge of how the above-mentioned vehicles work.
- Be able to use the delivery, receiving or shipping forms.
- Have basic skills in heavy vehicle mechanics and in the different preventive maintenance modes required.
- Hold a class 5 driving license.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency both spoken and written in two of the three languages of the board (Inuktitut, English and French)
WORK SCHEDULE: 38.75 hours per week from Monday to Friday
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the AENQ collective agreement for support staff, this position belongs to the job category 5308, which is $21,44 an hour.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, September 28th, 2021
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate HEAVYVEH-2109-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.