Intermediate (Grades 7 & 8) teacher job posting
Peetabeck Academy, Fort Albany, Ontario
Peetabeck Academy provides educational services and supports to elementary and secondary school students living on reserve.
- Administers education programs and schools through Mundo Peetabeck Education Authority
- Operates Peetabeck Academy, an on-reserve school for students from JK to Grade 12.
Peetabeck Academy welcomes teacher applicants who share our vision. They are individuals who have a growth mindset with a passion to be lifelong learners, and who possess high emotional intelligence that fosters empathy, a social conscience, and accountability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Oct certification in good standing with qualifications Junior/Intermediate Divisions or equivalent
- New/experienced teachers are welcomed
- Some experience in a similar position is an asset
- A demonstrated passion and commitment toward continued professional growth and development
- Strong communication skills (written & oral) with students, parents, and administrators
- Strong skills to work in a collaborative working environment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow required course expectations.
- Develop work units prior to the start of academic year.
- Work in the capacity of teacher and mentor to all students.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment toward continued professional growth and development
- Ensure the protection of all students in the school at all times.
- Work within the guidelines of all applicable legislation.
- Pay attention to and follow up on any changes or abnormal student behaviour.
- Attend staff meetings and communicate regularly with other members of staff, parents, students, and other external contacts as required.
- Keep accurate academic notes and records regarding student progress, compiling and maintaining database information as required.
- Assign work and homework fairly and equitably.
- Collect and review all student work and grade accordingly.
- Provide regular and meaningful feedback to students.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment toward continued professional growth and development
- Prepare course overview, unit plans, an assessment plan, and daily lessons plans
- Applied technical knowledge of the subject matter
- Applied technical knowledge of course construction and teaching unit development
- Applied knowledge and ability in a classroom setting.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation including the Child Protection Act and Education Act.
SKILLS & ABILITY
- Growth mindset with a passion for lifelong learning
- Possess high emotional intelligence with the ability to foster empathy
- Possess a social conscience
- Strong sense of accountability and sound judgement and awareness
- Diplomacy, discretion and tact in dealing with sensitive situations
- Well-developed sense of confidentiality
- Ability to effectively handle concerns and problem solve
- Excellent communication, listening and understanding skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent collaborative working, administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and conflicting priorities with the ability to adapt to a changing environment with initiative and flexibility
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
As recognition for all your hard work and determination, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary, plus the following:
- 100% health benefits package
- Pension plan
- Free Teacherages
- Free Internet
- Northern Allowance
- Travel allowance
This is your chance to make a change in a dynamic environment!
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, OCT certification and resume to the Education Director, Nicole Gillies by email to email@example.com
Deadline for this application process is open until a candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates in advance. However, we will contact only those selected for an interview.
To work at Peetabeck Academy, all employees must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector check.