POSITION: LABOUR RELATIONS AND OHS COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
COMPETITION NUMBER: COORDRT2110-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REPLACEMENT POSITION
DURATION: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE UNTIL JUNE 30TH, 2022
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Human Resources, the the Labour Relations and Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Apply and interpret the collective agreements for support staff, professionals, and teachers;
- Advise managers on the application of collective agreements, labour laws, policies, bylaws and directives of the Board;
- Advise unionized staff;
- Document grievance and arbitration files;
- Represent the Board at Labour Relations Committee meetings;
- Participate in the Joint Committee on health and safety in the workplace, conduct visual inspections in schools and investigate accidents;
- Analyze salary insurance claims, prepare requests for medical expertise and manage claims at CNESST;
- Any other related tasks required by the Assistant Director.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or have held a senior or managerial position in a school board where a university degree is the minimum required.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Knowledge of two of the three (3) languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English);
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Autonomy, sense of responsibility, openness, creativity and capacity for innovation;
- Capacity for teamwork and collaboration;
- Knowledge of the educational environment;
- Experience in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of Inuit culture, an asset;
- Willingness to travel to Nunavik (40%).
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-07* as per the working conditions of KI’s managers: from $79,447 à $105,927 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible for other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- 2 weeks of vacation during the Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Southern and housing allowance
- Social trips and food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 21st, 2021, at 4 PM.
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
Please indicate COORDRT2110-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.