APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITON OF
VARIOUS GREATER TORONTO AREA LOCATIONS
CUPE 1328 OFFICE, CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL EMPLOYEES
GRADE 5 – biweekly $1,710.60 to $1,987.20
WORK YEAR: 10 MONTH 10 DAY (LAST WEEK OF AUGUST TO FIRST WEEK OF JULY)
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST BE PRACTICING ROMAN CATHOLICS VERIFIED THROUGH A PASTORAL REFERENCE
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Leadership at Toronto Catholic is servant-like, visionary, empowering and inclusive. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
- Mandatory – O.S.S.D. (Grade 12 Diploma) plus a two-year Library and Information Technician Diploma. Consideration will be given to candidates nearing successful completion of the program.
- Experience in library automation software, Microsoft Word and Windows applications and database management.
- Demonstrated organizational, and office management skills (i.e., electronic technology and appropriate office equipment).
- Ability to operate equipment; i.e., video camera, combination slide/television monitor, cassette duplicator, compact disc player, VCR scanners and other technological devices in a network environment.
- Some of these positions may be itinerant and reliable transportation would be required.
- Successful candidates (external applicants) will be required to provide a police reference check.
- Display, promote and compile learning materials and bibliographic sources to support and supplement curriculum programs.
- Make presentations to large and small groups of students as required.
- Supervise students in the Library Resource Centre and other locations as required in emergency situations.
- Establish and manage a competent system of administration for the Library Resource Centre that provides for efficient circulation procedures and effective use of space, time and materials.
- Work effectively with staff and students in the use of a range of information sources including print and computer databases and provide guidance in locating materials.
- Encourage an interest, appreciation and understanding in the use of books and other resources to promote learning.
- Classify and catalogue learning resources and maintain catalogue and inventory applying technological advances in accordance with established Board procedures.
- Establish the operation and maintenance of lending, renewing, reserving and recalling system for materials and equipment; institute follow-up procedures for overdue material; shelve and/or file returned materials.
- Maintain an inventory and develop a system of control for equipment and arrange for servicing where applicable.
- Process materials; i.e., install security strips, affix bar codes, spine labels, school identification, and covering; remove from circulation unused, outdated and irreparable materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we especially welcome applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, indigenous and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete résumé, cover letter and related educational documents. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.