POSITION: MAINTENANCE MANAGER (HUDSON COAST)
DEPARTMENT: MATERIAL RESOURCES
COMPETITION NUMBER: MAINTMAN2110-02
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR POSITION
STARTING DATE: NOVEMBER 2021
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Material Resources, the Maintenance Manager for the Hudson Coast is responsible for the management of the technical, administrative and manual activities required for the operation of a group of auxiliary services pertaining to building maintenance, equipment and grounds, capital projects, energy resources and fields of intervention pertaining to warehouse management, employee training management and property management for the following communities: Puvirnituq, Akulivik, Ivujivik. Other duties include:
- Responsible for maintaining & implementing a preventive and corrective maintenance management system.
- Identify and manage minor capital projects by estimating the costs, preparing take-off of material and supervision on the progress of work.
- Prepare and submit the annual sealift equipment and material orders for operational and capital projects.
- Collect statistical information on the physical and mechanical aspects of each building.
- Implement and monitor a warehouse management inventory control system for operational stock material.
- Travel frequently to Hudson coast communities to supervise the progress of maintenance services and report follow-up recommendations to the Assistant Director of Material Resources.
- Evaluation and supervision of the employees of the body assigned to maintenance and regional maintenance services.
- Provide support and assistance to the school administrators with management of material resources, supervision of employees, directives and policies and coordination of fire drill activities.
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring of the Material Resources operational budget along with various capital budgets.
- Implementation of training materials for hands on technical training to the unskilled employee.
- Any other related tasks required by the supervisor.
- A Diploma of Collegial Studies in an appropriate field of study.
- Priority will be given to candidates with recognized credentials to work with oil-fired heating equipment.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience.
- A valid certificate of competence for the practice of a trade which is relevant to the position.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the above-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Valid driver’s permit.
- Fluency in at least two of the three working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English).
- Remarkable capacity to adapt in remote areas.
- Ability to establish links with the community.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-06* as per the working conditions of KI managers: from $74,250 to $98,997 annually depending on qualifications and experience
Isolation premium sector 1:
- Without dependents: $10,015;
- With dependents: $17,652.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- Two weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate MAINTMAN2110-02 in the subject of the email.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.