Manager, Infrastructure & Operations, ITS (FT Admin)
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
We provide leadership for the continuous development of a secure, flexible, and dependable IT environment that is built on a foundation of transparency, collaboration, client focus, and respect. Together we transform Client ideas into results, leverage technology to enable student engagement and success, support students and employees in the journey of discovery, deliver integrated technology solutions to improve collaboration and communication across the Humber community and improve business processes and enable better decision making through improved outcome measurement. Information Technology Services is always striving to enhance the IT experience for students, staff, and visitors.
Position Title: Manager, Infrastructure & Operations
Status: Full time permanent
Hours: 37.5 Hours/week
Department: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Campus/Location: North Campus
Currently, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in early 2022, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
What you will do:
Under the general direction of the Director of Digital Solutions, the Manager of infrastructure & Operations leverages technology and supporting capabilities to help “the business” optimize the way it operates and delivers value to the community. Products include backup and recovery; campus communications; compute; core data centre; database; digital certificates; enterprise systems; infrastructure as code; logging and monitoring, network access and connectivity; network and security; smart controls, sockets, and sensors; storage; unified communications (including contact centre); and Web and eCommerce. The role is key to achieving the mandate of supporting digital innovation within the organization and continuing to improve the organization’s core technology operations. The role also supports/enables Humber’s research initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define, develop Infrastructure Technology roadmaps, and play a key role in setting goals and objectives, design, coordination, and implementation of the action plan.
- Ensures progress of strategic initiatives, financial performance, and value delivered to ensure timelines are met within budget.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with business stakeholders and other Humber ITS groups
- Lead team of technical and functional consultants to complete delivery of solutions.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management. Craft individual improvement/goal plans with each direct report and ensure that they receive regular, documented feedback.
- Make decisions which balance between immediate impact and long-term bets, as well as managing resourcing and prioritization.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the research, analysis, recommendation, and integration of evolving information technology strategies, and enhanced and proactive solutions to increase overall infrastructure and organizational effectiveness.
- Document, maintain and monitor daily operations of infrastructure technology, analyzing work, developing standards, setting deadlines, and following up on execution.
- Help identifying required skills for staffing and selling to candidates as well as vetting them for the team.
What you bring to the role:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Management Science or equivalent training and experience.
- Agile Certified Practitioner certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Foundation’s certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v4.
- Certification in Problem Management from a recognized authority.
- Knowledge of academic research methodologies.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working as a leader and strong people manager who has served the technical team and achieved team goals.
- Training from the Help Desk Institute.
- Training in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v4.
- Training in project management.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to college closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: FT Administration
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Information Technology
Deadline to Apply: December 7, 2021
Job Posting: 11/23/21
Department: Information Technology Services (ITS)