MANAGER, REGISTRATION AND ADMISSIONS
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
The York University School of Continuing Studies is a diverse community of learning united by a shared sense of purpose: achieving personal and professional growth in a rapidly changing career and educational landscape. Our ability to offer accelerated, accessible, and innovative programs that prepare our students to adapt and lead in response to this change has made us the fastest growing school in Canada.
The School is home to the international-award-winning York University English Language Institute, one of the largest language institutes in North America. Our students come from around the world to pursue English-language proficiency and achieve their academic goals.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A FULL-TIME CONTRACT TO OCTOBER 2023.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Student Services, the Manager, Registration & Admissions is responsible for overseeing the management and daily operations of the centralized registration and admission department for the School of Continuing Studies (SCS). This includes the student registration process, evaluation of applications and credentials, release of offers, processing of financial payments, and recommending eligiblity for convocation.The position is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of procedures, processes and technologies to support the achieving the established enrolment targets and service standards for the School of Continuing Studies.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or a related field, or undergraduate degree plus professional certificate or diploma in a related field such as continuous quality improvement.
- Strong understanding of the university/colleges system and admissions processes, or equivalent.
- Management: Minimum of two years’ management experience overseeing the registration and/or admissions function in a post-secondary or public training institution, or equivalent.
- Preference is given to management experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience in admissions, advising, financial processing and reconciliation, record keeping, and data management functions.
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives, identifying efficiencies.
- Experience designing workflows and implementing standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Experience in customer and student services environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing metrics and procedures to monitor quality assurance.
- Experience working in a university continuing education environment is an asset.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 104072.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long-term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.