Rate of Pay: $20.82 per hour
Part Time Cleaners will perform cleaning duties including: cleaning classrooms, lifting; climbing; floor cleaning; mopping; servicing washrooms; moving furniture; re-lamping; operating heavy powered cleaning equipment; and grounds cleaning/maintenance including snow/ice removal in accordance with current cleaning standards of the Toronto District School Board. Candidates will also maintain a co-operative working relationship with the Principal, academic and support staff and all other members of the school community.
Candidates must possess:
- Grade 10 or approved equivalent education.
- A good command of written and oral English.
- A proven ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous and tactful manner with acommitment to customer service.
- A good work record including a record of reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues relevant to the role of Cleaner.
- Physical ability to perform Cleaner duties.
- A demonstrated commitment to work effectively in an environment which promotesequitable practices and values diversity.
Shift: The start time for the shift is anytime between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM; howeverthe normal start time is 3:00 PM.
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week – 12 month work year
All interested applicants must complete the online application available at:
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates who meet our minimum criteria will be contacted by email to attend a literacy and numeracy screening test.
References will be contacted only upon successful completion of an interview.
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring and promotion practices. We strive to provide accommodation needs consistent with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the hiring process.
Note: All Toronto District School Board Employees are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Procedure for Employees, Trustees and Other Individuals (PR734).
For new employees joining the Board, prior to the first day of work they must be fully vaccinated (subject to TDSB-approved exemptions) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.