DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL OPERATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: PRPUV-2110-01
STATUS: REGULAR POSITION
STARTING DATE: JANUARY 2022
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the authority of the Director of School Operations, the School Principal is responsible for the administration of educational programs and teaching resources at the primary and secondary levels of a school. The Principal is the educational leader of the school.
- Permanent teaching diploma (Brevet) issued by the Ministry of Education, Higher Education and Research (MEESR) or a teaching license recognized under the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (R.S.Q., c. I-14);
- A bachelor’s degree in education or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior executive or senior staff position in a school board for which an undergraduate degree is required under the minimum qualifications or hold a position of Vice-Principal.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in two of the three working languages of the Board (English, French Inuktitut);
- Experience as a leader in a cross-cultural environment is an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-09 (from $89,034 to $118,709) or class 00-10 (from $94,183 to $125,574) annually depending on school size, qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation;
- Up to 10 recuperation days;
- 2 weeks of vacation during the holiday season;
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule;
- Northern allowance;
- Social trips;
- Food cargo.
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply, pick one of the following ways:
- Visit our career website (https://career.kativik.qc.ca/) and click on “Apply”, or
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate PRPUV-2110-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.