No. SCH II-21-0283NE
POSTED: November 17, 2021
DEADLINE: 12:00 noon: December 1, 2021
Professional Learning Leader
1 – Permanent Position
Leadership and Learning
Schedule II, Level 7
(Non-Union – 12 Month)
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices.
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Learning, Training and Leadership Development, the Professional Learning Leader will contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of effective professional learning and leadership development within the Toronto District School Board.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide leadership in fostering equity and inclusiveness in the development and implementation of learning initiatives, programs and services;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of job specific learning and leadership development initiatives aligned to system expectations and the TDSB Multi-Year Strategic Plan;
- Implement varying innovative methods for the delivery of professional learning and training, including the use of multimedia platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, etc);
- Identify professional learning and training needs, establish priority areas, plan and allocate resources to meet system requirements;
- Build leadership capacity by working collaboratively with Departments to ensure equitable access to professional learning and leadership development opportunities;
- Liaise and work with various internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and align professional learning for specific employee groups;
- Design learning programs adhering to equitable adult learning principles and instructional design methodology;
- Establish and provide direction to committees that support the ongoing implementation of professional learning and leadership development initiatives;
- Lead the development and implementation of evaluation processes for professional learning including analyzing data and strategically planning for system improvements;
- Prepare reports, presentations and communication materials;
- Provide coaching, consultation and knowledge-sharing to stakeholder groups addressing current and future training requirements;
- Lead special projects as required;
- Build partnerships with external organizations to foster best practice and innovation;
- Maintain current with developments in the field of professional learning by researching new and emerging technologies and methodologies in workplace learning, reading journals and attending courses;
- Attend and participate in meetings as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in related field (e.g. Human Resources, Adult Education) and five years related professional learning experience in a large multi-site, multi-union organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proven experience in leading, designing and delivering professional learning with expertise in project management;
- Proven ability in promoting equitable practices which value inclusiveness and diversity;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of the principles of adult learning;
- Knowledge of leadership development theory and practice;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and projects;
- Superior organizational skills and follow-through;
- Demonstrated experience composing and editing presentation packages, correspondence and reports;
- Proven experience in the evaluation of training effectiveness;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to recognize and respond to diverse stakeholder learning needs and interests and building effective relationships;
- Experience in the use of technology for delivery of professional learning and training;
- Experience using learning management systems to publish, track and evaluate learning opportunities;
- Proficient computer skills including use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work effectively with all sectors of the organization; and
- Ability to establish credibility with system partners
- Provision of own vehicle for Board Business;
- Requires regular travel across the TDSB; and
- Ability to participate in after-hours training sessions.
- Certified Training Practitioner (CTP);
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP); and
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP).
Location: 17 Fairmeadow Avenue (not wheelchair accessible)
Work Year: 12 months
Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications must be submitted:
- in résumé form with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- with competition # SCH II-21-0283NE in the subject line
- Apply no later than 12:00 noon on December 1, 2021.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance, during the application process.
Note: All Toronto District School Board Employees are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Procedure for Employees, Trustees and Other Individuals (PR734).
For new employees joining the Board, prior to the first day of work they must be fully vaccinated (subject to TDSB-approved exemptions) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.