Program Support Officer – FT
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Program Support Officer
Status: Full-Time Support
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Health Sciences & Wellness
Campus/Location: North Campus
Hourly Rate: $30.18 – $34.98
What you will do:
The incumbent will provide direct support to Academic Leadership in the Faculty of Health Sciences & Wellness while providing a comprehensive range of support services to the students, professors, program coordinators (PCs), external stakeholders, in their assigned cluster of programming. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: administrative, program, financial, human resources, student, marketing, and inter-departmental support. The incumbent also acts as a resource to students, professors, PCs, and administrators on the application of the College’s academic policies and procedures. It is expected that the incumbent, therefore, will continue to develop opportunities that directly impact the learning environment. The volume and diversity of students encountered enhances the customer service requirements of this role.
What you bring to the role:
The successful candidate will possess a 3-year diploma or degree from a recognized college or university in Business, Communications, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Marketing or equivalent. A minimum of three (3) years of practical work experience which demonstrates familiarity with general office operations and procedures is required. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience with compiling and analyzing research-based data from various sources, producing reports and identifying trends from data to develop solutions and strategies
- Experience with proof reading communications and a variety of communication platforms
- Experience with advising students on courses and programs selection
- Experience with supporting curriculum planning, and academic program delivery
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Experience with special events
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use office equipment – phone, photocopier, printer, fax and troubleshoot technical minor problems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted and will be required to complete an online assessment. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: FT Support
Minimum Salary: 30.18
Maximum Salary: 34.98
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Health Sciences
Deadline to Apply: September 21, 2021
Job Posting: 9/14/21
Department: Faculty of Health Sciences and Wellness