Project Manager, Information Technology Services (Enterprise Projects) – Contract
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
We provide leadership for the continuous development of a secure, flexible, and dependable IT environment that is built on a foundation of transparency, collaboration, client focus, and respect. Together we transform Client ideas into results, leverage technology to enable student engagement and success, support students and employees in the journey of discovery, deliver integrated technology solutions to improve collaboration and communication across the Humber community and improve business processes and enable better decision making through improved outcome measurement. Information Technology Services is always striving to enhance the IT experience for students, staff, and visitors.
Position Title: Project Manager – Information Technology Services
Status: 3 years Contract
Hours: 37.5 Hours/week
Department: Information Technology Services
Campus/Location: North Campus
Currently, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in early 2022, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
Salary: $87,330 – $95,000
What you will do:
Humber College is looking for a Project Manager to assist with the implementation of a number of Information technology projects at Humber.
Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating, all the activities required to deliver Enterprise Projects from the development and testing environments into Production. The Project Manager will work with management, functional and technical teams. The Project Manager will be working with Business Owners and the ITS team to define and clarify project scope and objectives, identify all linkages and dependencies with other projects and develop strategies to successfully achieve project results.
In addition, the Project Manager will assist in the development of tools that would be used by the project teams to support their project planning and implementation processes.
The candidate should have exposure to large-scale ERP implementations – (e.g. Banner, CRM, LMS, Flexible learning) and some experience with infrastructure/Networking projects.
The project manager is expected to communicate effectively (written and oral) with project resources, institutional stakeholders and business owners, and manage activity outcomes of the work team to ensure milestones, timeline and functionality are achieved based on the scope of the project.
What you bring to the role:
- Four-year degree in related field and PMP Designation.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing multiple projects and matrix teams.
- Experience in the education sector, preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience leading projects involving 3rd party software implementations, integrations, and migrations.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to liaise with the organization to support progress on the project tasks and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization.
- Comfortable working with Business owners and technical IT subject matter experts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g. project plans, risk management plans, communication plans,
- progress reports, project wrap-up documentation).
- Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
- Superior meeting and time management skills.
- Proficient in the direct management of cross-functional project teams.
- Proficient with project management tools i.e., MS Project.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: PT Administration
Minimum Salary: 87,330.00
Maximum Salary: 95,000.00
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Information Technology
Duration of Need: 3 year contract
Deadline to Apply: October 21, 2021
Job Posting: 10/7/21
Department: Information Technology Services