Project Manager, Information Technology Services – Contract
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
We provide leadership for the continuous development of a secure, flexible, and dependable IT environment that is built on a foundation of transparency, collaboration, client focus, and respect. Together we transform Client ideas into results, leverage technology to enable student engagement and success, support students and employees in the journey of discovery, deliver integrated technology solutions to improve collaboration and communication across the Humber community and improve business processes and enable better decision making through improved outcome measurement. Information Technology Services is always striving to enhance the IT experience for students, staff, and visitors.
Position Title: Project Manager – Information Technology Services
Status: 3 years Contract
Hours: 37.5 Hours/week
Department: Information Technology Services
Campus/Location: North Campus
Currently, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in early 2022, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
Salary: $87,330 – $95,000
What you will do:
Under the general direction of the Senior Project Manager, the PM will be responsible for ownership, coordination, facilitation, and project management of several medium to large sized digital, Infrastructure and Departmental projects.
Previous experience in any of the following areas below would be beneficial: –
- Digital initiatives (virtual personal assistant, OneCard, Academic Software virtualization, Virtual Workspace for staff)
- Cloud migrations and Office 365 Deployment.
- Infrastructure projects – Space renovations and Audio-Visual upgrades.
- Departmental Initiatives (Network upgrades, process improvement, software implementations, Data center and business continuity)
- Some experience with Enterprise projects.
The Project Manager will be working with the project management office (PMO), other stakeholders and senior Managers to refine and clarify project scope and objectives, identify all linkages and dependencies with other projects and develop strategies to be successful. The incumbent will also liaise with faculty, staff, students, and external partners to deliver the project on time and on budget.
The project manager is expected to communicate effectively (written and oral) with project resources, institutional stakeholders, and business owners, and manage activity outcomes of the work team to ensure milestones, timeline and functionality are achieved based on the scope of the project.
Key responsibilities include
- Lead the teams through the successful completion of medium to large complex projects while managing multiple projects at a time.
- Gather and interpret project requirements to deploy resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Foster internal and external communication that improves transparency and information: covering project expectations, budgets, stakeholder needs, timelines, and more.
- Proactively track, analyze, and report on actual performance against the plan, and prepare cost and schedule reporting, both for clients and as part of internal reporting processes.
- Adhere to established PMO standards, best practices, and Governance.
- Identify aspects of change management on projects, and work with project sponsor to address the change.
What you bring to the role:
- University Degree in related field and PMP Designation
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing multiple projects and matrix teams
- Experience in the education sector, preferred but not mandatory
- Experience leading projects involving 3rd party software implementations, integrations, and migrations.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Ability to liaise with the organization to support progress on the project tasks and issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization
- Comfortable working with highly technical IT subject matter experts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g., project plans, risk management plans, communication plans,
- progress reports, project wrap-up documentation)
- Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills
- Superior meeting and time management skills
- Proficient in the direct management of cross-functional project teams
- Proficient with project management tools i.e., MS Project and Workfront.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week 37.5
Position Type PT Administration
Minimum Salary 87,330.00
Maximum Salary 95,000.00
Work Locations North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family Information Technology
Duration of Need 3 year contract
Deadline to Apply October 21, 2021
Job Posting 10/7/21
Department Information Technology Services