Organization: Ministry of Education
Division: Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch
City: London, Milton
Job Term:4 Temporary – Irregularly Scheduled/On-call Supply positions (to work on an as needed basis)
Job Code:06OAD – Office Administration 06
Salary:$23.06 – $26.63 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Posting Status: Open
“We are looking to hire 2 on call-positions per campus”.
The Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch seeks a motivated, team oriented individual to provide receptionist/clerical support duties on an on-call as needed basis.
Send application to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
Please specify in the subject line which location you are applying to:
(PDSB21-134) Robarts School for the Deaf & Amethyst Demonstration School (London Campus).
(PDSB21-136) Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf & Trillium Demonstration School (Milton Campus).
What can I expect to do in this role?
- You are familiar with office practices and administrative procedures and guidelines.
- You can provide clerical and reception support (e.g. responding to calls, directing visitors, filing).
How do I qualify?
- You have the ability to communicate proficiently in American Sign Language (ASL) is preferred or willingness to obtain.
- You can communicate effectively with the public, parents, students, and staff to respond to inquiries and exchange information.
- You exercise tact and diplomacy when communicating with callers and visitors.
- You can prepare routine correspondence and respond to written inquiries.
Problem-solving and organizational skills:
- You can look-up information to provide accurate responses and information to inquiries.
- You can prioritize different tasks and ensure work is completed on time.
- You have good attention to detail to identify errors.
Computer and office equipment skills:
- You can operate a computerized telephone switchboard.
- You can operate a TTY for telephone communication with callers who are deaf.
- You can use office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, printers, and metering and mailing equipment.
- You are proficient with standard computer software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 2 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 10 months, 1515 Cheapside St, London, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- 2 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 10 months, 255 Ontario St S, Milton, Central Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Posted on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
Please submit your application to the following email address: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
Collection of Information
Your personal information is being collected and will be used to determine your qualifications for employment with the Ontario Public Service, and for recruitment modernization initiatives. OPS Careers is an authorized common service in accordance with s. 6 of the Ministry of Government Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.25 and this collection of personal information is necessary to the proper administration of OPS Careers.
Please do not provide more personal information than what is asked of you. For example, do not include your social insurance number, photograph, or banking information, etc. with your application. We strongly encourage you not to provide us with information beyond that which is requested in the job posting.
If you have any questions about the collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your personal information, please contact us.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, October 21, 2021 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AND MAINTAINING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES RESPECT FOR OTHERS, OPEN COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY.