Registration & Records Specialist – Lakeshore Campus
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
The Office of the Registrar supports and celebrates student success. We provide students and the campus community with support through the distribution of key information, high-quality service delivery and the maintenance of essential systems and processes. Our dedicated staff work in a myriad of areas including Student Recruitment, Admissions, Academic Records, Convocation, Customer Service, Fees, Financial Aid, Registration & Course Scheduling, Reporting, Student Systems, and Transfer Services at both our North and Lakeshore campuses. We are a collaborative team that welcomes innovation, upholds a culture of inclusiveness and respect, and supports wellness.
Position Title: Registration and Records Specialist
Status: FT Support
Faculty/Department: Office of the Registrar
Salary: Min $25.89 Max $30.01
What you will do:
Under the direction of the Manager, Student Records – Retention & Enrolment, Office of the Registrar, the Registration and Records Specialist provides overlapping front line support services for a broad range of initiatives in the Office of the Registrar. The primary role of this position will be focused on providing expert advice and assistance regarding Registration, Student Records and Academic History related questions and topics for domestic and international students while providing general knowledge assistance of the other areas as required. The incumbent must retain a wide range of knowledge on programs, courses, academic policies, Humber and Ministry policies, procedures, and college services. The incumbent at times may deal with sensitive and highly confidential information and communicates directly with applicants, registered students, graduates, faculty, college administrators and other authorized third-parties.
What you bring to the role:
- The successful candidate will possess a 2 year diploma in Business, Accounting, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of practical experience in a complex customer service environment that could include financial transactions
- Demonstrated use of initiative both in planning of work and in taking a pro-active approach to addressing customer concerns; providing adequate follow up to complaints and concerns.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks, frequent interruptions, fluctuating volumes and ongoing deadlines.
- Strong data analysis and attention to detail to identifying potential errors and issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in a post-secondary educational environment would be beneficial
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Must have a suitable and private work space to take calls from home/remotely.
- Should be comfortable working from home/remotely and on-site as we are utilizing a hybrid approach at this point in time. There could be changes to this approach pending direction from government officials and public health.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 35
Position Type: FT Support
Minimum Salary: 25.89
Maximum Salary: 30.01
Work Locations: Lakeshore Campus 3199 Lakeshore Blvd. West Etobicoke M8V 1K8
Job Family: Student Affairs and Services
Deadline to Apply: Sept. 19, 2021
Job Posting: 9/13/21
Department: Office of the Registrar