APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
RETURN TO WORK OFFICER (SHORT TERM SICK LEAVE AND DISABILITY PLAN)
SICK LEAVE AND DISABILITY
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Non Union Level 10 – $59,439 – $74,298
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Servant-leadership that is visionary, empowering and inclusive is a fundamental characteristic of our Board. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
CRITERIA FOR AN INTERVIEW ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- 3-year Community College Diploma Human Resources or related field
- Specialized training in disability claims management, dispute resolution or equivalent in actual related experience
- Minimum one (1) year disability management experience and specifically in facilitating safe and early return to work programs in occupational and non-occupational disability/disease
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge and experience in software MS applications such as Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Parklane software an asset
- Excellent interpersonal abilities in working with sensitive situations with all level of employees
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with constant demands, deadlines and interruptions
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and own vehicle available to use for travel within the Greater Toronto area (eligibility for mileage reimbursement)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and under the direction of Disability Case Specialist(s) – Short Term Sick Leave and Disability Plan, the primary function of this position is to facilitate the Board’s Return to Work (rehabilitation) program and Modified Work Plans that result from Short Term Disability claims as well as other disability related absences in accordance with all the legislative and medical requirements/guidelines, and Board policies and procedures. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, coordinate and implement Modified Work Plans for the Sick Leave and Disability Department resulting from STD and LTD absences and other disability related absences/accommodations
- Conduct negotiations between the injured employee, the carrier (if applicable), the treating physician, and the employee’s immediate superordinate to facilitate early and safe return to work
- Create appropriate modified job plan for transition back to work
- Communicate with Claims Adjudicator and appropriate treating physician to determine changes in the status of the injured employee’s level of disability (i.e. from totally disabled to partially disabled)
- Track and monitor progression of modified work plans, including absence coding
- Prepare performance statistics on modified work program and maximizing usage of the Parklane/HRIS software for efficient claims management
- Act as resource person for Modified Work Committee, keeping the Committee informed of T.C.D.S.B.’s practices and procedures and the current legislation as well as providing the Committee with necessary statistical reports and expertise on all sick leave related matters
- Prepare submissions for grievances and arbitrations for supervisors’ review
- Perform other related duties and assistance to the department as required
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Tuesday, September 28, 2021. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.