Senior Technologist & Planner, Appendix D, CDFM
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Capital Development & Facilities Management is responsible for new construction and renovation projects and provides project design, planning and space allocation services to improve and expand Humber’s campus environment. We maintain all college buildings and grounds to providing a safe, clean, healthy and well-maintained campus environment that supports well-being and promotes excellence in teaching and learning at Humber. We also lead the College’s sustainability programs through the Office of Sustainability.
Position Title: Senior Technologist & Planner
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Faculty/Department: Capital Development & Facilities Management
Campus/Location: North Campus
Salary: $32.64 – $37.90
What you will do:
Under the general direction of the Associate Director, Campus and Space Planning the Senior Technologist & Planner is responsible for ensuring that the quality and configuration of classrooms and labs provided for academic activity is appropriate for the needs of the college community; Supporting all departments within Capital Development and Facilities Management (CDFM) by generating AutoCAD drawings, 3D renderings, etc. for use in developing construction drawings, reports, proposals or supporting appendices for service contracts as required; The realization of smaller scale capital projects such as office reconfigurations, furniture and fitments installation; Instigating and coordinating “move surveys” ranging up to wholesale relocation of faculties or departments in tandem with larger scale capital projects; Working with the CAD & Information Systems Support Technician, providing development and maintenance of Humber’s Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) master facilities drawing files for the CDFM Division and Humber’s master space inventory database for (required) reporting to COFSI (Colleges Ontario Facilities Standards & Inventory); Day-to-day monitoring of work by the CAD & Information Systems Support Technician; Performing any other related duties as assigned.
What you bring to the role:
- Advanced Three (3) Year Diploma/Degree in the field of Architectural Technology
- In addition: Completion of the following training programs: Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) software; Revit, Building Information Modeling (BIM); Ontario Building & Fire Codes; WHMIS
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the area of architectural, interior design, and space planning solutions in an institutional environment
- Space and design conceptualization experience
- Client interviewing to determine actual needs vs. wants to establish project scope experience
- External contractors and consultants coordination experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS), Revit, Sketch Up, Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Proficient with Photoshop, Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel (Pivot Tables)
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good basic research skills – internet or print
- Basic knowledge of building & fire codes.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Type: Appendix D
Minimum Salary: 32.64
Maximum Salary: 37.90
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Facilities Management
Duration of Need: Two (2) Years
Deadline to Apply: September 26, 2021
Job Posting: 9/13/21
Department: Capital Development