Spa Lab Technologist
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
The Faculty of Business offers over 50 programs covering more than a dozen fields with a broad range of credentials that are reflective of the new business landscape. We give our students a blend of academic theory and work integrated learning opportunities and in turn, they graduate as high achievers with the ability to be their best.
Position Title: Spa Lab Technologist
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Business
Campus/Location: North Campus
Salary: $32.64 – $37.90
What you will do:
Reporting to the Spa Program Manager, the Spa Lab Technologist provides support in the delivery of academic programming, including the experiential work experience of The Humber Spa, for the Esthetician & Spa Management Diploma program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support to the academic program includes facilitating the course with a faculty lead;
- Incorporating previously taught theory by faculty, and demonstration of esthetic techniques, protocols and procedures.
- The Spa Lab Technologist will guide the students in acquiring the practical skills set out in the course curriculum.
- Oversee student participation and attendance in-person practical classes; monitoring performance and providing support to students to ensure practical skills of the program learning outcomes are achieved.
- Assist with student assessments, provide input as to their progress, and properly document the student progress of practical skills.
- The Spa Lab Technologist will also support the Humber Spa Lab 1 & 2, responsibilities may include, but not limited to coordination of students within Lab, guide the students as they work within the Spa Operations, Client Care, and providing Treatments.
- Operational duties include ensuring Health & Safety and IPAC requirements are followed within the Lab and The Humber Spa.
What you bring to the role:
- 2-year diploma from a recognized educational institution in the area of Esthetics, Medical Esthetics, Spa Management or Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a professional esthetician/medical esthetician in a full service day, destination spa or medi-spa
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a lead or supervisory role within a full service day spa, or medi-spa
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety requirements and IPAC
- Expert skills relating to advanced medical esthetic treatments; advanced facial, body and personal care skills; and exceptional service standards in treatment delivery
- Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic, multicultural environment with scarce resources
- High degree of attention and focus to detail
- Plexigel Certification; Advanced Waxing or Brazilian Waxing Certification; Shellac Certification; Micro needling, RF Certification and Advanced Facial Techniques, etc.
- Additional skills: Podologist Certification, Full Body Therapist Certification; Reiki Master; Reflexology; Advanced Laser Therapy; Laser Certification for Estheticians; Medical Laser Practitioner. Advanced Medical Aesthetics, etc.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work/Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Position Type: FT Support
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Business
Deadline to Apply: December 6, 2021
Job Posting: 11/25/21
Department: Faculty of Business – Esthetician & Spa Management Program