Statistician and Research Analyst, TFT, IPA
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Statistician and Research Analyst
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Duration of Need: 1 Year
Faculty/Department: Institutional Planning & Analysis
Campus/Location: North Campus
What you will do:
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Institutional Research, the Statistician and Research Analyst will independently perform a wide variety of statistical and analytical functions to support College leadership and evidence-based decision-making, including data-mining, statistical analyses, statistical modeling, analyzing data for short-range and long-range planning, and supporting institutional data stewardship processes.
What you bring to the role:
Master’s Degree in fields of Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
In addition, experience in/with…
- The use of statistical software and programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, and/or SPSS (extensive experience)
- The use of visual analytics platforms such as Tableau
- Analyzing and developing scripts to extract, reformat and analyze datasets and data flows
- Designing data processes, flows, wrangling, visualizations, and analyses
- Ensuring confidentiality and appropriate use of organizational data
- Training end-users on the use of systems for reporting
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software and programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, and/or SPSS
- Advanced data visualization skills using various tools including but not limited to MS Office suite, Tableau
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex information to nontechnical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and professionally independently and in a team environment
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: PT Administration
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Planning
Job Posting: 9/15/21