Superintendent of Education
York Region District School Board is the third largest school district in Ontario, with over 128,000 students in 180 elementary schools and 33 secondary schools, and a mission “to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community”. York Region students consistently perform above average in provincial testing and the Board is one of the top achievers in the province. YRDSB attributes its success to a unique combination of students who are motivated to succeed; teachers who are skilled at helping students learn; strong educational leaders who share a common vision of excellence; and the participation of a supportive community and parents that understand the importance of quality public education.
We seek leaders who possess the knowledge and skills necessary to advance the Board towards attainment of its multi-year goals – improving student achievement and well-being, building collaborative relationships, empowering ethical leadership and championing equity and inclusivity.
The York Region District School Board believes that attracting, recruiting and promoting exemplary staff members supports the mission of advancing student achievement and well-being. In line with the Board’s Multi-Year Strategic Plan and the Director’s Action Plan, the Superintendent Selection Process meets the Board’s succession planning goals and talent development needs and contributes to building a workforce reflective of the communities we serve.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supervisory Officers’ certificate (Academic); or an Ontario Ministry of Education and Training Supervisory Officers’ certificate as of December 31, 2021 (and must meet the requirements under the SO Qualifications standards under OCT and Ministry of Education Act Article 2.0.1).
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Demonstrated successful leadership at school and Board level.
- Skills, knowledge and personal and professional attributes as identified in the Ontario Leadership Framework.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, collaborative decision-making and team building skills.
For more information, and to apply, please visit the Superintendent of Education Selection Process section located on our careers website. Applications will be available on our website as of Monday, September 20, 2021. The deadline for applications is Monday, October 4, 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
We strive for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Cynthia Cordova, Chair of the Board
Louise Sirisko, Director of Education