Talent Acquisition Advisor, 12mo Contract
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Talent Acquisition Advisor
Status: FT Contract
Faculty/Department: Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness
Campus/Location: North campus, remote – moving to hybrid arrangement
Salary: Min $62,101.00 Max 93,152.00
What you will do:
The Talent Acquisition Advisor supports the delivery of the talent attraction, selection and onboarding services, ensuring that candidates move effectively through the hiring process and promoting an employer brand that is compelling, strong and attractive.
- Assist, support and coach HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and hiring managers on recruiting approaches and plans.
- Provide advice on sourcing strategies to attract exceptional candidates and to create a continuous resource pipeline.
- Assist, support and coach hiring managers to complete requisitions and offers.
- Post jobs to various sites and job boards, leveraging social media and other innovative recruitment strategies where appropriate.
- Resolve system and process questions raised by hiring managers and candidates.
- Screen candidates’ resumes and applications, verifying references as required.
- Work collaboratively with HRBPs and hiring managers to schedule interviews with candidates.
- Builds logistics plans with hiring manager and HRBPs so that key selection activities such as – screening, communications, interviews, IT needs are timed and delivered appropriately and in accordance with leading practice and prescribed process.
- Coordinate interviews using various selection tools/methods.
- Assist, support and coach hiring managers and selection panels on appropriate interviewing approaches assessment methods and data confidentiality.
- Prepare interview packages for use by the interview panel.
- Facilitate pre-employment testing.
Offers and Onboarding
- Review offers and employment contracts, working with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to ensure compliance with Collective Agreements and alignment to the Job Architecture.
- Complete hiring activities and initiate onboarding processes.
Continuous Improvement and Process Efficiencies
- Maintain the career pages on Humber’s website and on other third-party job sites/boards.
- Provide content for updating user aids and guides on recruitment and selection activities.
- Support system changes related to area of focus.
- Respond to tickets progressed to Tier 3 from the HR Support Centre.
For Non-Full-Time (NFT Contracts)
- Review and approve NFT contracts, identify and resolve errors/omissions in accordance with the Collective Agreements and escalate when required.
- Function as a point of contact on NFT contracts and liaise with Departments/Faculties and Payroll on contract administration, including managing and resolving time & labour issues for new hires/new contracts that may result in incorrect first pay.
- Troubleshoot system errors surrounding NFT contracts relating to candidate profiles, offers, assignments etc.
- Provide training to individual departments on NFT contract processing in HRMS.
- Conduct regular bi-weekly, monthly, semester based and annual audit processes on NFT contracts (e.g. Contract Audit Report).
- Monitor salary rates for NFT contracts as per collective agreements and wage rate charts and advise the departments/faculties of corrective action.
- Audit NFT contracts (rates, time and labour issues) and calculate retro payment if applicable.
- Act as the subject matter expert on Partial Load and Part-Time contract processes and policies; linking to collective agreements and payroll requirements.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Equivalency: College Diploma + 4 years relevant experience OR Associate Degree + 4 years relevant experience
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in talent recruitment activities
- Proficient technical experience executing recruitment and selection activities.
- Specific experience in using Oracle HCM modules such as Taleo and Oracle Recruiting Cloud.
- Communication – oral and written
- Attention to Detail
- Talent Acquisition – recruiting and sourcing
- HR practices and employment related legislation
- Client oriented
- Tact and Diplomacy
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: PT Administration
Minimum Salary: 62,101.00
Maximum Salary: 93,152.00
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Human Resources
Duration of Need: 12 months
Deadline to Apply: September 24, 2021
Job Posting: 9/13/21
Department: Human Resources & Organizational Effectiveness