TEACHER OF THE DEAF
1.0 Permanent position – Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf – Elementary
Position available September 1, 2021
(Contracts rated under the Provincial Schools Authority)
Do you have interest in the education of students who are Deaf? Consider bringing your professional expertise to the Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch. Currently there is an exciting career opportunity available at Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf – Elementary program in Milton which serves deaf students living in student lodging in a school setting.
Teacher of the Deaf – 1.0 Permanent position available September 1st:
- Competition #: PDSB21-115 – Teacher of the Deaf –1.0 Permanent position – Ernest C. Drury School – 255 Ontario St S, Milton
What we are looking for:
- Valid Certificate of Registration and Qualifications from the Ontario College of Teachers;
- Deaf Specialist/Teaching Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing – Aural and Oral Communications Specialist and/or ASL/LSQ Communication Specialist or currently engaged in completing the requirements for the specialist qualification;
- Primary/Junior or Junior/Intermediate Division qualifications required.
- Demonstrated experience teaching Deaf/hard of hearing students in academic programs and programs for students with multiple exceptionalities;
- Ability to develop and modify lesson plans, and to create IEP’s to effectively teach Deaf students;
- An in-depth knowledge of the principles of teaching Deaf students;
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom and students using a variety of behavioural management strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including proficiency in English and American Sign Language (ASL);
- Ability to apply an in depth knowledge of bilingual-biliteracy-bicultural education for Deaf students;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and work with students with multiple exceptionalities.
Location: Milton, Ontario
Area of Search: OPEN
Please submit a cover letter and resume quoting the appropriate Competition file number PDSB21-115 along with an updated copy of your Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration by no later than 11:59 pm on September 21, 2021 to:
Send applications to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED FROM PERMANENT AND REPLACEMENT TEACHERS IN THE PROVINCIAL SCHOOLS AUTHORITY TEACHERS (PSAT) BARGAINING UNIT PRIOR TO CONSIDERING EXTERNAL CANDIDATES.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to fill future vacancies represented by the Provincial Schools Authority Teachers (PSAT).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Late applications will be declined.
Note: The successful candidate (s) will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Posting date: September 13, 2021
Closing date: September 21, 2021
Clearance No: N/A
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AND MAINTAINING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES RESPECT FOR OTHERS, OPEN COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY.