RENFREW COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Requires the following
TEMPORARY SCHOOL SUPPORT COUNSELLOR
- A minimum two year community college diploma in the social services field (e.g. CYW, SSW, BSW, BST), or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the RCDSB.
- Experience supporting child and youth mental health and well-being.
- Experience working within a school setting is essential.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team setting and following a tiered pathway for student support and access to mental health services, the School Support Counsellor will:
- Provide support for mental health promotion virtually in the Elementary Virtual School.
- Provide targeted support and intervention to students and/or groups as needed.
- Provide support for students with behavioural exceptionalities.
- Provide support for children and youth facing mental health challenges.
- Provide support for students with attendance issues.
1. Elementary Virtual School File Number SSC-256
Elementary/Secondary School determined based on location of successful applicant
10% of full time (3.5 hours per week)
Effective immediately to June 30, 2022 (subject to staffing changes)
Applications must be received no later than 12:00 p.m. on September 20, 2021.
Visit the Renfrew County District School Board’s website to complete the online application form http://www.rcdsb.on.ca/en/board/careers.asp
Please advise Human Resources Department HRDept@rcdsb.on.ca prior
to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout
the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a vulnerable
sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the board.