Nibinamik Education Authority is inviting applicants for the 2018/2019 academic year for the following positions:
One (1) Special Education Teacher
Nibinamik Education Centre is a multi-grade, JK to 8 school with an enrollment of about 80 students. Nibinamik First Nation (Summer Beaver, ON) is a remote fly-in community located approximately 500 air miles north of Thunder Bay, Ontario. The on-reserve population is approximately 370 people.
- A current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the desire to live and work in a small isolated fly-in community
- Must have an awareness and appreciation of Indigenous culture
- Special Education qualifications preferred.
Applicants must have Special Education, Part 1 or more.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter
- A resume including detailed work history and education information
- A copy of Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certificate
- A current criminal reference check
- 3 Professional references
If interested, please email your application package to Mary Oskineegish at:
Nibinamik Education Authority
Summer Beaver, Ontario,
Canada P0T 3B0
Telephone: (807) 593-2210
Fax: (807) 593-2243
Closing Date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Nibinamik Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.